Thursday, 18 April 2013

Tutorial #1: Tear down the Walls

Here's the finished product from my tutorial:


In this tutorial I created a virtual piece of paper from a photo, that had the subject cut out. Here are the two photo I used:

f/ 3.5                               This is the photo of Coulter that I used as the picture.
1/125s
ISO 800

f/ 4.2                              And this is the photo of the desk that I put the picture on.
1/60s
ISO 800


For this tutorial, I brought the image of Coulter into the same file as the desk and scaled the Coulter image to a reasonable size. Then, using the free transform tool I warped the image of Coulter so that it matched the perspective of the table and looked like a natural piece of paper, with the corner folded off the edge. Then I added the same image in again and repeated the steps, but this time I had the image standing up as opposed to laying down. After that I created a path around Coulter on the standing up image and got rid of space around him. Then I took the same path and transformed it so that is it fit on the laying image so it looked like the part of the photo that remained when it was cut out. When this was done, I stoked the paths with modified spatter brush to give a frayed edge look. Then after some shadow and lighting tweaks to the image, I was done.

No comments:

Post a Comment